"My mouth is filled with Your praise, and with Your glory all the day."
Praise Him with me through this list of 70 prompts:
1. The world changes, but the Christian hope stays the same (Heb. 13:8).
2. You are present to protect us—guiding us straight through this life to eternal joy (Ps. 16:11).
3. Even before we fell, You had plans to lift us up in Christ (1 Pet. 1:20; Acts 2:6).
4. Sweat of blood, the cross, the bitter cup—You bore sin for us (Lk. 22:14; Matt. 20:22; 1 Pet. 2:24).
5. Christ is not a shadow, but the true sacrifice (Heb. 10:1-18).
6. As friends, Christ has let us in on future plans (Jn. 15:15).
7. Death tears apart our bodies and souls, but You’ll put them together again; we know because of Christ’s resurrection (1 Cor. 15:20).
8. We will share in His inheritance as glorified sons and daughters (Rom. 8:17).
9. Satan will be destroyed with a breath (2 Thess. 2:8).
10. Death itself is going to meet an irrevocable end; You have appointed the day (Rev. 20:14).
11. You have fulfilled prophecy before and You surely will again (Acts 3:18).
12. We reach the end of ourselves and our insights, but your Word never stops pouring riches (Ps. 19:10).
13. The Bible is true, so we are right to trust it all (2 Timothy 3:16).
14. Your Word is like nourishing food to us (Matt. 4:4).
15. When we stand upon Your Word, we stand upon what is forever and cannot be broken (1 Peter 1:25; John 10:35).
16. You are bigger than our hearts; we do not have to be led by our feelings (1 Jn. 3:20).
17. We struggle with motives, but You never do. Your plans are always pure (Ps. 18:30).
18. With You, each day is new. Your forgiveness helps us to forget what’s best forgotten about others too (Lam. 3:22-23).
19. You will love us for eternity (Ps. 100:5).
20. Loving You is possible; we were created for this (Phil. 2:13).
21. One day, we will be sinless and be given permission to enter eternity (Rev. 21:27).
22. No discipline we receive from You is condemnation; our condemnation is no more (Rom. 8:1).
23. The discipline we do receive is good; You are good (Prov. 3:12).
24. We can never run far enough to be away from You, and You do not despise a contrite heart that repents (Ps. 139:8; Ps. 51:17).
25. You are patient with us and slow to anger (Ps. 145:8).
26. Even after every failure on this earth, in eternity, you’ll simply welcome us to enjoy (1 Thess. 5:9), and You welcome us now (Lk. 7:48).
27. We can resist temptation and find ourselves loving You more (1 Cor. 10:13).
28. We never wake to a single day when You are not our Advocate before the Father (1 John 2:1).
29. While we require an ever-expanding view of You, You knowingly and easily see all we think, feel, and do (Ps. 33:13).
30. By fearing You, we can hate what is evil and align our hearts with Yours (Prov. 8:13).
31. Your path is straight; we’ll never be misled (Prov. 3:6).
32. In Christ, obedience is joy (Lk. 11:28).
33. The boundaries You give us are just right—pleasant, freeing, and sweet (Ps. 16:6).
34. You made us; You chose to create. You give us life and hold us together (Gen. 1:27; Col. 1:17).
35. You are perfectly wise and just, even amidst vast complexities (Job 38-41).
36. You are everlasting while this world and our lives are but a breath (Isa. 40:28; Ps. 39:5).
37. We have kings, but You are King—with all power and authority in heaven and on earth (Matt. 28:18).
38. You are Head of Your church. You direct each one of us (Col. 1:18).
39. No longer does a human priesthood intermediate; we are all a priesthood with access to Your throne through the God-Man, Christ (1 Pet. 2:5).
40. You give us membership in the church, the church You love (Eph. 5:32).
41. We, Your people, are one (Romans 12:5).
42. We have a community of brothers and sisters whose faith proclaims how good You are (Gal. 3:27; Rom. 1:8).
43. You have granted us the high, worthy calling to contend for Your truth, given once for all to the saints (Jude 1:3).
44. You give Your children different gifts; yet, You show no favoritism (1 Pet. 4:10; Acts 10:34).
45. We have a community of brothers and sisters whose gifts shine brightly for You (1 Cor. 12:4-5).
46. Even if poor, Your children are rich (Rev. 2:9).
47. Our crowns will not fade, but will last forever (1 Cor. 9:25).
48. The redeemed praise You together, with a single voice (Romans 15:6).
49. We worship the same God as Abraham, Esther, Deborah, David, Moses, Paul, John, and more (Heb. 12:1).
50. You are faithful and able to establish the work we do for You, according to Your will (Ps. 90:17).
51. We can be successful in Your eyes through faithfulness to keeping Your Word (Ecc. 12:13).
52. You are our treasure, our great delight (Ps. 43:3).
53. The Messiah, first promised in Genesis, has come (Gen. 3:14-15); the Spirit He promised does indwell (Jn. 14:15-31). We live in a precious time of history (1 Pet. 1:12).
54. Your good news truly changes lives (Jn. 1:12).
55. You know our needs; each need gives our hearts a deeper capacity for You (2 Cor. 12:9-10).
56. In each one of our breaths and steps—whether taken in joyous celebration or amidst troubling sorrow—You hem us in behind and before (Ps. 139:5).
57. Prayer matters; we are invited in, to You (Lk. 11:1-4)
58. We are never alone (Ps. 16:8).
59. We do not mourn as those without hope on this earth (1 Thess. 4:13).
60. The depths of Your glory, which we will experience in the future, will incomparably outweigh the depths of our present sorrows (2 Cor. 4:17); Your glory is wonderful.
61. You understand (Heb. 4:15).
62. Today’s perseverance and endurance—even if no one else sees them—are remembered by You (Rev. 2-3).
63. We are weak, but You are strong (Ps. 147:5).
64. Nothing stretches or reaches beyond You; we cannot take a step outside of Your control (Ps. 115:3).
65. All people will bow before You; Your glory will be fully seen (Phil. 2:10; Rev. 1:7).
66. You give us permission to crave Your quick coming (Rev. 22:21).
67. You are going to dwell with us on a new earth, and be ours (Rev. 21:3).
68. Your Kingdom will know no end (Lk. 1:33).
69. You take no pleasure in the deaths of those who do not repent (1 Tim. 2:4; Ezek. 18:23).
70. Those who do not know You still have the opportunity to repent, believe, and know grace for their sins (2 Pet. 3:9; 2 Cor. 6:2).
We praise You today, God. Amen.